Hey there if you want to know How to start a blog in India? Then you have come to the right place. Always beginner bloggers search for how to start a blog in India but they never get the right direction.
We are here to help you out with all your questions and doubts about how to start a blog in India? We will provide you with some of the best tips that can help you get started. Ok now…
There are some more important and proven steps to start a blog in India or even in the world where these steps are mandatory. Then let’s get started…
- Choose your niche.
- Choose the best platform for blogging.
- Find a good domain name.
- Find a good hosting provider.
- Publish content on your blog.
How to find a niche?- How to start a blog in India
Selecting a niche is not a big deal. It’s so simple.
Your niche depends on which type of knowledge you have about that particular subject. For example, if you are an accountant then your niche is finance. If you are a lawyer your niche is the law If .you are a doctor then your niche is medicine and so on.
Your niche depends on two factors:-
- Your interests:- How much interest do you have in a particular subject?
- Knowledge:- How much knowledge do you have about that particular subject or do you want to know a lot about it in the future.
To select your niche first, you have to make a list of which subject you have more interest in and second which subject do you have the most knowledge?
Now you will see that some topics in your list of interest and knowledge will be the same. You can select your niche one of them.
Don’t look for a highly competitive niche. Especially when you are a beginner. Always choose a potential niche.
Best platform for blogging- How to start a blog in India
What do you mean blogging platform here? Platform means the place to control or customize your website.
There are many popular blogging platforms available online which allow you to publish your blog easily. You can choose from these platforms such as WordPress, Blogger, Medium, etc.
Some are free platforms and paid also, and all have their own benefits.
WordPress- How to start a blog in India?
WordPress is a web application that allows you to create and publish your own website or blog on the Internet it is also called a CMS (Content Management System).
WordPress was created by its founder Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little on 27th May 2003. It is also known as the world’s most popular website builder because of its very easy to use interface.
WordPress powers 35% of the web. That’s a lot of freaking websites and the best part is it is free because WordPress is open-source software.
In WordPress, you’re able to choose from eleven thousand different themes which just template layouts that determine the look and style of your website.
You can also choose from over 55,000 plugins and widgets to optimize the functionality of your website.
If you are looking to build your blog or website there is endless opportunity to build your website with WordPress.
You can make your website more attractive by using the features provided by WordPress.
There are two versions of WordPress.
WordPress.org is a free source content management system platform where you can create and customize your website or blog for free. It is a stand-self hosted platform, which means you need to register through your hosting provider to use WordPress.org.
- Most popular website builder.
- You can create and customize your website without any prior skills.
- Millions of themes design are available here.
- Millions of plugins are available (55,000 plugins).
- You can add any function you want.
- SEO friendly and so on.
- You need to buy a hosting plan.
- You will have to do all the updates yourself.
This is the second version of WordPress. Creating your website on here is very easy, go to wordpress.com and register there and you will be eligible to create a website and go forward.
- Limited hosting for free up to 3 Gb storage space.
- Very easy to use and manage.
- No need to worry about any updates.
- You do not own your blog and data.
- You can add your custom domain name only in paid plans.
- For monetization, you have to purchase the paid plans.
- You have to share a part of the revenue with WordPress.
Difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
The main difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org is who’s hosting your site.
WordPress.com is a free website building platform where you can create a website for absolutely free. It is free for up to 3 Gb of storage space.
And, If you use WordPress.org, you have to pay for your web hosting and domain name registration.
If you use WordPress.com, you will have ads on your site and your domain will be connected to one of the available subdomains like xyz.wordpress.com and you can only have a custom domain on a premium plan.
There are paid plans available, They allow you to pick premium plans which remove ads and allow you to choose your own domain name.
If you use WordPress.org, you own your website and data, whereas if you use WordPress.com, you are not able to fully own your website and data.
If you want and need absolute freedom then always go for WordPress.org.
If you want to monetize your site and monetizing your site is important to you, then here WordPress.org is the better option.
The free version of WordPress.com does not allow you to sell ads on your site. If you want to advertise, you have to go for the Premium or Business plan.
Even with these plans, you will share a part of your revenue with WordPress.com, through a platform called WordAds. On the other hand, if you use WordPress.org monetization is absolutely free.
If you use WordPress.org have to do all the maintenance yourself. You have to take care of updates, backups, and security yourself.
That’s why some people see it as a con. But nowadays some hosting provider companies maintain the daily backups and security, one of them is a2hosting.
Simply, if the purpose of creating your blog or website is to earn money or to expand your business and do whatever you want from it, then you should go for WordPress.org.
Blogger is one of the best free blogging platforms by Google. If you want to blog and don’t want to spend money, then you won’t get any great platform other than Blogger.
Creating a blog on blogger is no big deal, just sign up on blogger.com with your Gmail ID and create a blog.
After creating a blog, make some SEO settings and you’re ready to write your blog.
At blogger, there is a good option to customize your blogger site like a professional website with the help of blogger templates.
- It is absolutely free for everyone.
- Easy to use.
- Unlimited storage space.
- Customization options are available but limited.
- You can not add external features.
- Limited access on customization.
- Simple blog interface.
Find a domain name- How to start a blog in India
There are many domains available on the internet, but make sure you need to pick the right one. You should also look for a domain name that is suitable for your niche.
For example, if you want to build a website for your business or any of your niche, then you should have a word in domain name related to that business or a word related to your niche.
There are different types of domain names like .com, .net, .in, .org, etc. but you always go for the .com domain if .com is not available then try to make a unique domain name.
Buying a domain name is the second most important step in website building. So now we will buy the domain name for our website.
There are so many domain registrars companies available on the internet, but I recommend those who give cheaper.
Wherever you get a cheap domain, you can take it from there but there are some points to keep in mind before buying a domain.
- Always go for .com domain name.
- Check renewal price of the domain name.
- Privacy protection of your domain name.
- Check domain name is penalized or not by Google.
- Check if the domain name was purchased by someone else or not. If yes, then check the domain stats like Domain Authority, Spam Score, Trust Ratio, Backlinks.
Find a good hosting provider- How to start a blog in India?
Choosing the best hosting is the best part of our website. How much is the load time of our website and how much is its speed? it all depends on the hosting.
Okay, now we’ll talk about hosting. What is hosting? Which is better or not? we will talk about all these points.
What is hosting?
Hosting is the base of our website. Just like a rented room or space on the internet.
When you want to start a business in the real world you need a physical location to keep and sell your products. Just like when you want to start an online business or website or blog, then you need space and the web hosting company provides the space you need on the internet.
There are different types of hosting services you have got share server hosting, reseller hosting. Virtual Private servers or VPS hosting and dedicated servers.
A hosting service can be used to host your website or blog on the internet. There are different types of hosting services available, and they all have their pros and cons.
If you are a beginner you can start with free hosting for your website. But if you want pro blogging you should go to paid hosting because you get limited features in free hosting, and if you take paid hosting, then you will not have any limitations there.
Points to always remember before buying a hosting plan.
There are 5 factors you need to read before choosing a hosting.
- Customer Service.
- Refund policy.
1. Uptime: Every hosting provider website shows on its homepage how much their uptime speed. I recommend that you choose above 99.5% and ignore the websites that have not been mentored on their uptime.
2. Customer Service: See where the hosting provider gives technical support, are they giving support over the phone or on email or chat. And also see that company gives you 24/7 customer support.
3. Pricing: See how much the company is charging for hosting and how much it will renew. Because on renewal time there will not be any discount offer.
4. Backups: If the hosting provider provides you back up of the website. A2hosting provides you daily back up.
5. Refund Policy: Refund Policy Means If you buy a hosting and after that, its features do not suit you, then you can take your refund or not and what is the time period for taking refunds? A2hosting provides you with guaranteed anytime money back.
Publish Content- How to start a blog in India?
Content is the main thing that makes a website successful. It’s the way to present your information to people through your blog or website.
Content is the most important element of any website. If you don’t have content, then no one will visit your website.
How to do content writing- How to start a blog in India?
So, if you want to be successful in your blogging journey, then you need content that is relevant to your audience. This means that you should provide value for the reader by providing valuable content.
There are many ways to do this, but here are some of the best ones:
- Create an engaging headline that grabs attention and keeps readers engaged.
- Make sure your content is interesting.
- Make sure it has a purpose.
- Make sure your content is meaningful.
- Write articles that people can relate to and share with others.
If you are doing all these then no one can stop you but if you are not doing all of these things, then I’m sorry to say that your content will be worthless.
If you don’t have a good strategy for creating content, then it’s not going to work. You need to create content that people want.
So, how can you find what your audience wants? The answer is simply to create a list of topics that are relevant to your target audience.
This will help you identify which is most important for your audience and then provide the content accordingly. For example, if you’re writing about the future of technology and its impact on the world, you can write about the current state of technology.
If you’re writing about the future of education, it’s best to write about how new technologies will change the way we learn and so on Whatever your goal.
And give some support to the audience that no one is offering in the market and one more thing you always see what your competitor is providing to the audience.
Try to provide something higher than that and cover the points that your competitor left. This will help you get more traffic on your website and increase the number of visitors to your site.
I hope you liked this post how to start a blog in India, all the points mentioned in this post are proven point.
After a lot of research, all these points were offered, if you still feel doubt or did not understand, then do not hesitate to ask in the comment below.
1. How bloggers earn money from youtube?
Bloggers share their experience and techniques about blogging on YouTube and earn money from the ads that come in their videos and also earn money from affiliate marketing like selling hosting, domain, SEO tools, etc.
2. How does a blogger earn money?
Bloggers earn money in many ways but the most famous is Google AdSense and Amazon Affiliate Marketing.
3. How to earn money by blogging by Google?
Google Adsense is an advertising platform and is a product of Google, so you can earn money through AdSense by blogging.
4. How do fashion bloggers make money?
Basically fashion bloggers earn through affiliate marketing. They recommend fashion-related products and receive a commission when anyone purchases via their links and also from a sponsored post.
5. How blogging can help your business?
Blogging can be used as a tool to promote your products or services and this is the best way to sell products with those customers who are not in your target market.